Saturday 7 February 2015

Can I haz Cheezburger? Aka Ice Cream Sandwiches

Can I haz Cheezburger?

I had a request from Elizabeth to make another Nerdy Nummies treat. This time she picked the Cheeseburger Ice Cream Sandwich.

I made my usual Empire Biscuits for the burger bun. Elizabeth and Rebecca used a round cookie cutter on the dough to make 8 cookies. I couldn't find any sugar sprinkles that weren't pink or blue, so to make the seed effect for the top "bun" I put chocolate sprinkles on the biscuits as soon as the came out of the oven, so that they would melt a bit and stick to the biscuit.

Then I used the same cookie cutter to cut out the chocolate ice cream. This part was messy! Probably best to have a bowl of hot water to dip the knife into before cutting. I did it the same way as Ro in the video linked. I cut a tub of chocolate ice cream, took the carton off it and then cut out a large cylinder of chocolate ice cream with the cookie cutter, then sliced it into 4 burger sized shapes. I then put them back into the freezer.

Next up I made some "ketchup". I made a batch of buttercream icing: 100g icing sugar, 50g butter. Then I got the girls to squish up some raspberries through a sieve and we added the puree raspberries to the buttercream. Elizabeth got herself and Rebecca a spoon each to eat this sauce because it was SO GOOD!

Then we assembled it all to look like a burger. I didn't do any "cheez" so our creation is really just a burger, but it was great all the same.


These were great fun to make with the girls. They were absolutely covered in chocolate after eating them!


No comments:

Post a Comment